How to Clean Your Window Air Conditioner Easily
Window air conditioners are a great way to cool your home during the summer. Not only do they provide relief from the heat, but they can also help to lower your energy costs. However, like all appliances, window air conditioners require regular cleaning to operate at their best.
In this article, we will show you how to clean your window air conditioner easily and effectively.
Window air conditioners can be cleaned easily and effectively with a few simple tools and some basic safety precautions.
To get started, you will need a few basic tools and supplies. You will need:
- Air conditioner condenser brush, this brush has stiff bristles that help to remove dirt and dust from the coils on your air conditioner.
- Vacuum cleaner
- An ammonia-based window cleaner
- Rags, and
- A sealant or adhesive.
You will need to take some basic safety precautions before you begin to clean your window air conditioner.
- First, unplug the unit from any power sources and make sure that it has had time to cool down. You should also remove any pets or children from the area, as they can easily get hurt if they come in contact with hot surfaces on the air conditioner.
Once you have taken these precautions, you are ready to begin cleaning your window air conditioner.
- To start, use your brush to remove any dirt and dust that has accumulated on the coils or start by vacuuming any dust or dirt from the exterior and interior of the unit
- Next, mix one-part ammonia-based window cleaner with four parts water in the bucket.
- If there are any stains or grease build-up, you can spray a small amount of your cleaner onto the area
- Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it away.
Overall, window air conditioners are a great way to stay cool and comfortable during the summer months. By taking the time to clean your unit regularly, you can ensure that it operates at peak efficiency and lasts for many years to come.
So if you want to keep your home cool this summer, be sure to follow these simple steps.