Guests Coming? Remember… Impressions Matter!
Whether you’re trying to sell your home, having guests over for a party, or you simply want to enjoy your view, having clean homes will make your life better and stress-free as well.
Having Beautiful, Sparkling, Clean Windows Really Is Possible
Your home is your castle. And when your castle has dirty windows, the king or queen can get a little testy. But unlike castles, yours isn’t a fairy tale. It takes work to keep it clean and shiny.
Wash Our Windows Wisconsin has a team of residential window cleaning professionals who are mindful of your castle and how to protect it.
We take very special care not to track in mud or dirt from the outside when cleaning the inside windows. Further, while working at your home, our window cleaning experts will maintain a professional decorum – they will not use profane language or smoke – in short, they will be on their best behavior at all times.
Regular window cleaning to keep your windows clean is more than just keeping up appearances. It feels good knowing that the windows of your house sparkle and give your home the added curb appeal of beautiful and regular maintenance because friends, family, and visitors do notice. At Wash Our Windows Wisconsin we also offer a residential window cleaning program called ‘Clean It and Forget It’ where each month or quarter we come and clean your outside windows for you including the glass, the surrounds, the frames and the supports for one low annual price (or pay monthly if you wish). No contracts or hidden fees. Contact us for more details.
We believe in providing an excellent service at a fair price. Sure there are window washers out there willing to clean your windows at cut-rate, cheap prices. But be careful because you’ll get what you pay for.
- Will they open each window and clean your sills and tracks? Most window washers never open the windows.
- Do they actually scrub your screens instead of just wiping them off? It makes no sense to have clean glass and dirty screens.
- Do they look professional and are they in company uniforms? If they’re not willing to invest in looking professional, then they’re in this for the short term.
- Ask for plenty of references along with phone numbers. A reputable window washing company should be glad to provide them to you.
- Are they insured and bonded, and do they carry workers’ compensation? Things happen. You need to be fully protected in case of unforeseen situations.
- Do they use poles or ladders? You can’t wash a window (in most cases) from a distance using a pole. We own 5 different size ladders including a 60′ waterfed pole, so we’ll be able to access every single window. We can reach it.
- Can you trust them in your home? Wash Our Windows Wisconsin professional window cleaners are permanent employees who have been through a full background check and are subject to random drug testing. We would never allow someone to come to your home that we would not be comfortable servicing in our own home. We do everything possible to ensure your security and confidence in our employees.
Wash Our Windows Wisconsin services are competitively priced and our estimates are calculated by the pane for our window washing service. We routinely check the marketplace to be sure our prices are lower or at most, right in line with reputable insured competing companies. No surprises.
We truly believe in providing an excellent service at a fair price. Sure you can find window washers out there willing to clean your windows at cut-rate, cheap prices. There are a lot of part-timers in this business, so be careful because after all, you generally get what you pay for.
It’s best to give us a call for a written estimate, so you’ll know exactly what it would cost to clean the windows at your home, but we’ve outlined some general pricing information below.
The very first time you employ our window washing team, it is strongly recommended that you have your windows professionally cleaned both inside and out, however, if you prefer, we will do just the outside with or without the screens. We try to accommodate each and every single person with the ultimate goal of gaining another satisfied customer.
- Please open/raise all window treatments and blinds if applicable.
- Please remove all knick-knacks/valuables from window sills or other areas where we will be working.
- Please do your best to move furniture, curtains, and plants away from the windows. This includes obstacles on decks, porches, and sunrooms too.
- If you need help moving some items we would be glad to help.
- Please unlock all security doors/storm windows/screens if applicable.
- Please turn off your security system.
- To ensure our cleaner’s safety, please keep your pets with you or in a safe designated area during our visit to your home.
- We use only the best tools and solutions to give you the cleanest windows possible.
- We begin by scrubbing your windows with a soft ‘wand’ wet with our cleaning solution. Our solution leaves no haze and is safe for window tinting.
- Next, we use a channeled rubber squeegee attached to a handle and work our magic, removing all the dirt and solution.
- Then, we towel dry the frames followed by detailing the glass with a separate micro fiber towel.
- When necessary, we use a glass specific scraper on the wet glass to remove paint, tape, or other debris.
- When finished, we get your approval so you can sit back and enjoy your sparkling clean windows.
Restore your glass, don’t replace it.
Does your sprinkler system spray your glass? Do you see scratches on your windows when the sun passes over? Glass scratches and hard water stains are numerous and can occur at any point during the life of a window. The use of high quality industrial grade cleaning agents and professional know how can save you 40% to 60% over the cost of glass replacement, while maintaining the structural integrity of the surrounding window frames and sills. Wash Our Windows Wisconsin can help eliminate or reduce the appearance of:
- sprinkles spots
- hard water spots
- stains & graffiti
- mineral and calcium deposits
- building runoff
We guarantee flawless window restoration, free of scratches, haziness or deposits at a fraction of the replacement cost.
Glass can be severely damaged from water. Water being overspray from lawn sprinklers or water run down from precast concrete buildings can cause hard water spots that are very difficult to remove.
Damage is also very common from inexperienced window cleaners trying to remove hard water spots. Know the acids and chemicals you are using before you cause more damage than you started with. Tin Etch Haze is one common result of using the wrong acid on float glass.
Do you offer a service to remove the moisture between my insulated glass windows?
No, we do not and do not recommend this service. The moisture can be removed, but may come back and the integrity of the window is already damaged and should be replaced.
What are the most common causes of scratched glass?
Construction workers putting tools on windows, plasterers, wiping plaster off glass, painters and texture crews dry scraping glass, untrained window cleaners removing construction debris from glass, and defective tempered glass can all result in scratched glass. The construction industry is a very common place to find scratching of glass. Protection is becoming more popular in recent years, but some builders still have to learn the hard way from their plasters, brick layers and welders. Also, in recent years there has been a major scratching problem on new houses and buildings, which is a result of poor quality heat-treated glass, commonly called ‘defective tempered glass’.
Do metal scrapers or razor blades scratch glass?
No. Metal scrapers and razor blades alone will not scratch glass. However, abrasive materials, such as sand or fabricating debris from the tempering process, trapped by a metal scraper or razor blade, can scratch glass.
Can scratches be taken out of glass? Does it matter if it is tempered?
Yes. Most single scratches can be removed from glass. It’s very difficult to remove scratches over the entire surface of defective tempered glass. If attempted, glass distortion may result.
Can chips be removed from glass?
Yes, but we do not recommend that practice. Removing chips requires the removal of significant amounts of glass and often results in severe glass distortion.
How deep of a scratch can be removed from glass?
A scratch you can catch your finger nail in can usually be removed. Scratches much deeper than this might result in glass distortion.
Can acid graffiti be removed from glass?
Yes. With the proper equipment, most acid graffiti can be removed from glass without any distortion.
Restoration systems that use dry abrasive disc to remove glass damage will create glass dust, which can be very dangerous to operator and the surrounding area. Most companies use dust masks or respirators to protect the technicians.
What is your warranty for the restoration performed?
We offer our clients a satisfaction guarantee warranty on every job we restore.
Can I always expect distortion free results?
Most damage can be removed with distortion free results but not always. When extreme damage needs to be removed, that might result in some surface distortion. The amount of distortion will depend on the type and amount of surface damage. We will inform the client prior to any work being started, if there might be noticeable distortion as a result of severe damage to the glass surface. The client can make an educated decision at that time, if they want to proceed with glass restoration or replace the glass.
Will the restoration make the window look like new again?
Most glass restoration will result in like new results. Again, this will always depend upon the type and depth of damage being removed from the glass surface. Talk to your technician before any restoration is started. This way you will have an expectation of the results before signing any contract.
Can you perform a free test area on my window?
We offer free glass restoration demonstrations on large jobs only. This will guarantee the client will know what to expect from our services, how long it might take and if they will be satisfied with the results, before they commit to signing a large glass restoration contract.
What type of glass can be restored?
All types of glass can be restored. Annealed, tempered, heat-strengthen, mirrors and laminated.
Can you take scratches out of tempered glass?
Scratches can be taken out of all tempered glass. Tempered glass is much stronger and can withstand much more stress during the restoration than annealed or laminated.
Can you take scratches out of low-E coated glass?
Low-e coated glass comes in two major types. A hard coat and a soft coat. Hard coat low-e coatings can be located on the exterior surface of the glass, which might be the surface the damage is located or opposite the coating. If the damage is located on the coated surface, you cannot remove the damage without removing the coating. There are many new coatings coming onto the market these days and you should check with your glass supplier to see if there is any coating on the surface being restored. If there is, I would not suggest restoring the glass.
How does scratch removal work?
To remove scratches or acid etching from glass, you must lower the surface of the glass to remove the damage. It would be the same for sanding out a scratch in a wooden coffee table. The trick is to remove no more glass substrate than necessary to remove the damage and blend out the area while performing the restoration to avoid any unnecessary distortion.
Can any damage be removed from glass?
Generally, most scratch or acid damage can be removed. It’s more a matter of, does the glass have a coating on the damaged surface, how long it will take, how much the client is willing to spend, will it be cost effective and will the amount of distortion be unacceptable.
Example: If you have a small window with widespread damage that is very deep. It might be better to replace the glass. If the glass has very deep chips, such as you would see around welding and iron grinding, that glass will almost always needs to be replaced.
Can the glass be protected from future Graffiti damage?
The client can have Anti-Graffiti film applied to the glass once its restored to its original condition. This is a small investment to protect your glass from future vandals. Most graffiti film will not be affected by paints or acid etching, but always double check to make sure.
What does it cost to remove a scratch?
Expect to pay anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00 per hour. Travel and difficulty in getting to the glass damage would also enter into the restoration price and how fast it could be completed.
Should I expect to get an estimate for the restoration job before I hire a company?
You should always get an estimate and request a demonstration if it’s going to be a big job. Make sure the company can perform the restoration to your expectations and at a reasonable price.
What can you expect to save with restoring the glass over replacing it?
You should expect to save half the replacement cost and it’s not unusual to save more. It all depends on the severity of the damage, signage to be replaced, type of glass and time saved to resolve the issue.
What is the process in restoring damaged glass?
Restoring glass is all about lowering the surface to remove the damage. Depending on how severe the damage is, the correct procedure should accomplish the goal. Light scratches can be polished out, deeper scratching would take slight grinding followed up with polishing.
Extensive damage will take a more aggressive approach, which comes with risks of glass breakage, surface distortion and unsatisfactory results. Again, glass is a very unforgiving substrate and will show any mistakes that are made during the restoration process. Some restoration mistakes can be corrected, but some, especially surface distortion are fatal mistakes and most cannot be fixed.
How close to the edge of the glass can scratches be removed?
It used to be around 1″ from the edge could be removed, but in recent developments, you can get as close as 1/2″ in some cases. The challenge is in the corners, but rarely are there scratches in the corner. The client will have to decide if enough scratch damage can be removed or would they rather pay for a new window at a higher price.
Can tinted glass be restored?
Tinted (not surface tint) glass is no different to restore than clear glass. Tinted glass will show more dullness and take a little more time to restore, but yes, tinted glass can be restored.
Does restoring glass weaken the glass?
No. Removing the scratch damage actually makes the glass pane stronger. The scratch in the glass makes the pane weaker in that area and is more susceptible to fracture if pressure is applied to the damaged area. The depth of the scratch would reflect the possibility of breakage. Glass cutters are used to score (scratch) glass before “snapping”.
What type of guarantee should I get with any glass restoration?
The client should be 100% satisfied with the restoration of their glass. That is not to say it is possible to restore every window like new. But, the client should be told up front and before any restoration is started, what can be expected. No surprises.
Do you charge for estimates?
We do not charge for estimates within our immediate area. Restoration estimates outside that area can still be given if the job is large enough to justify the travel cost. Projects out of town will be assessed a travel fee, but if the job is large enough and we are contracted to perform the restoration, the fee will be waived.
Are you insured?
We maintain full general liability insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance on all our technicians, and have full coverage on all our company vehicles.
Can you see any visible marks on a window that has been restored.
Sometimes, but normally not. There should be hardly any evidence to show the window was damaged, if the glass restoration was performed by a qualified technician, performed correctly and with the proper equipment.
Is the glass restored onsite, without having to remove it from the window?
Glass restoration is always done on site and never removed. If the glass needs to be removed in a building, it would probably be cheaper to just replace it.
We Will Exceed Your Expectations
Regular pressure washing to keep your property clean is more than just keeping up appearances. It feels good knowing that your house and grounds will sparkle and give your home the added curb appeal of beautiful and regular maintenance because friends, family, and visitors do notice when it looks good and when it looks bad. We also offer a residential pressure washing program called ‘Clean It and Forget It’ where each quarter or semi-annually, or even monthly, we come and wash your home, sidewalk, driveway, or deck for you for one low annual price (or monthly installment), automatically. No contracts or hidden fees. Contact us for more details.
We have a team of residential pressure washing professionals who are mindful of your sanctuary and how to protect it. We take very special care not to leave the grounds of your property not cared for. If we move something, we move it back. If we use your garden hose, we put it back. If we turn on your water, we will turn it off. Further, while working at your home, our window cleaning experts will maintain a professional decorum – they will not use profane language or smoke – in short, they will be on their…
We believe in providing an excellent service at a fair price. Sure there are pressure washers out there willing to clean your home, driveway, deck, etc. at cut-rate, cheap prices. But be careful because you’ll get what you pay for.
- Preventative maintenance can save you money on future costly repairs
- Curb appeal can add value to your home
- Remove mold for the health and safety of those who live in your home or visit your home
- Pressure washing treatments for a house and wooden decks or piers can last one to two years depending on the setting and elements.
- We recommend that driveways and sidewalks be pressure washed annually to keep them looking clean and bright.
- Low Pressure House Washing
- Driveway and Deck Cleaning
- Sidewalks and Concrete areas
- Vinyl and Wood Fences
- Roof Cleaning
- Mold/Algae Removal
- Poolside Patios
- Boat Docks and Piers
Professional pressure washing services will become important to you as your home ages because you will occasionally want to knock off the dirt, mold and mildew around your home to not only preserve the look but also to keep it from prematurely aging. Often times the best feature of pressure washing is the WOW! effect created when it’s all clean. Most people never knew just how dirty something was until they see it clean again. But how do you know who is a good contractor to hire for your home and who you should stay away from? Here are some easy tips to insure you find the right pressure washing service to trust while at your home.
- Do they look professional and are they in company uniforms? If they’re not willing to invest in looking professional, then they’re probably in this for the short term.
- Ask for plenty of references along with phone numbers. A reputable company should be glad to provide them to you.
- Are they insured and bonded, and do they carry workers’ compensation? Many companies don’t. Things happen. Accidents happen. You need to be fully protected in case of unforeseen situations. See our insurance documents here.
- Do they wet your bushes, flowers, plants and trees before they start your house wash, then repeatedly rinse during and after the job to protect all of your vegetation? Many pressure washers don’t, saving time, ultimately hoping for the best.
- Do they put your patio furniture back after pressure washing your veranda, deck or patio?
- Do they quick rinse your windows and screens if performing a house wash? A quick rinse will help remove soap and cleaning residue, but is not an actual window wash.
- Can you trust them in your home? Wash Our Windows Wisconsin professional cleaners are permanent employees who have been through a full background check and are subject to random drug testing. We would never allow someone to come to your home that we would not be comfortable servicing in our own home. We do everything possible to ensure your security and confidence in our employees.
- What kind of work do they do? Look for before and after pictures, and videos of their work. In this day and age of technology, it is easy for almost anyone to take pictures and make videos of work they did for clients. Especially in pressure washing where a “before and after” photo can often be dramatic and has the ability to completely change the look of an area cleaned. You will want to see the type of work they have done in the past.
- Do they use specialized equipment? If a company has been pressure washing for any length of time, then they probably have invested thousands of dollars in their equipment and will happily show you that nozzle, surface cleaner, extension wand, or do a demo at your home. Just ask them about it and you’ll most likely get more info than you wanted to know, but will also be sure you found the right person.
- Anyone who does good business will have tons of client testimonials to show you from the local area. Don’t be afraid to call some of these people and ask how the service really went for them. You will easily get a feel for the communication, professionalism, and attention to detail of the pressure washing service (or any of their services) after just a few minutes of speaking with their clients.
Wash Our Windows Wisconsin services are competitively priced and our estimates are calculated by the square footage of said surface or by the linear foot depending on what is quoted. The number is multiplied by ‘x’ cents to determine price. The ‘x’ cents is variable as it also depends on the complexity and dirt of surface to be cleaned. We routinely check the marketplace to be sure our prices are lower or at most, right in line with reputable insured competing companies.
- Please close and lock all windows.
- Please make sure all screens are intact.
- Move or remove any items from exterior of house you feel is appropriate whether for safety of technicians or safety of items.
- If you need help moving some items we would be glad to help.
- Please securely shut all doors including garage doors, storm doors, screen doors.
- Clear driveway as much as possible for our technician’s equipment convenience.
- To ensure our cleaner’s safety, please keep your pets with you or in a safe designated area during our visit to your home.
A picture will tell more than a 1,000 words…
Take a look at some of these pictures and see what kind of work we do. These are real jobs and untouched pictures that our technicians did. Your home is your sanctuary. But in time even your sanctuary will accumulate the elements, and mold, mildew and grime will take over your home, your concrete, or your deck making it look unattractive and unkept. And when your sanctuary is not beautiful and appealing, people do notice. It takes work to keep it clean and welcoming.
Gutter Cleaning & Polishing
Keep yourself and family members safe; have us do the work for you.
Cleaning Gutters is laborious and dirty, no homeowner enjoys this task. We offer gutter cleaning services so you don’t have to climb ladders and get your hands dirty. No more asking the neighbor or your husband to clean the gutters and hoping they don’t fall. Call us and we’ll get it done quickly and efficiently. Homes and businesses alike can benefit from gutter cleaning.
Improperly functioning gutters can lead to a rusted system where replacement becomes inevitable. The primary function of the gutter system is to move moisture and rain away from the home, preventing leaks and flooding to the home’s interior. When debris is in the gutter, water gets trapped and freezes in winter, forming ice dams. Research indicates that 87% of all exterior home mold starts in the gutters. This damage can be greatly reduced by having the gutters cleaned out regularly.
Moreover, gutter polishing makes eaves look like new. The polishing process removes these stains, discolorations, and mildew. Many home owners are not aware of our gutter polishing service and may spend needlessly to have gutters replaced when a gutter polish would provide the same result at a fraction of the cost.
Gutter polishing is the cleaning of the “face” of your gutters. Pressure washing will remove some grime (during a house wash service), but in most all cases a hand polishing is absolutely required to restore gutters to a “like new” condition. We clean the stains by hand or using a brush with a proprietary cleaning solution.
We offer a 30 day guarantee that your gutters and downspouts are completely free of debris once we have completed the gutter cleaning service. If you discover we missed something 29 days later, just call us and we’ll schedule a follow up service call free of charge. By the way, we’re the only gutter cleaning company in Charlotte that offers a 30 day guarantee!
- We get on the ladders so you don’t have to.
- Gutters scheduled twice per year. You don’t have to worry, we call you or get set up on ‘Clean it and Forget It’ auto scheduling.
- All debris hand bagged and removed off-site.
- Downspouts checked to ensure proper flow.
- Less chance of ice dams and mold.
Over time we have tried various methods to clean gutters with gutter guard systems in place. We have only come up with one way to clean them without voiding the warranty or affecting the integrity of the gutter system. If you have some type of gutter guard system in place, the five steps below will outline how we clean your gutters.
- Clean the top of the ‘guards’ off – removing any debris that has accumulated.
- Clean any debris off the roof valleys – only going up as far as the technician can reach using a pole.
- Use a pressure washing wand or hose sprayer (spraying inside the gutter) to push the debris toward and down the downspout until all debris is removed from the gutter and downspout.
- If the downspouts have an underground pipeline to channel the water, we will remove the piping from the downspout end to prevent clogging from any gutter debris (we are not responsible for cleaning the underground gutter piping).
- Rinse any overspray or debris off the outside of the gutter, fascia, windows, siding, etc.
- Bag and remove any debris from the landscape, bottom of the downspouts, roof valleys, and gutter system.
Let us turn your home into a holiday wonderland this holiday season.
Making your home look great for the holiday season can take a lot of effort. While many people have the time and opportunity to take care of this all by themselves, many people are relying on the service of professional holiday light installation services. The reasons for this vary but for most people they simply want to be able to spend their free time doing something else. It is with good reason, proper Christmas light setup requires researching the best lights, finding the best deals, doing all the leg work to purchase the lights and accessories and that’s only half the work they still need to actually get up on a ladder and do the installation.
Here’s three reasons why homeowners are depending on service providers to take care of this work for them:
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a Christmas or Holiday light installation professional!
Following is what to expect from your experience with Wash Our Windows Wisconsin World Class Holiday Lighting Division.
- Our LED Lights have a 100,000 Hour Life Span & Reduce Energy Consumption by 90%.
- They Produce Almost No Heat, making them Safe & Energy Efficient
- Residential Neighborhood Block Discounts Apply! 3 or more homes to qualify. Call 608-501-0535 for details.
- September Install Schedule Dates qualify for a $200 early bird discount.
Our service experts create a lighting design, safely and efficiently install the lighting, maintain them, remove them at the end of the season, and store them until the next year.
How much does it cost to install the lights?
At Wash Our Windows Wisconsin you are paying for affordable, yet reliable World Class Service. Every project is different depending on the size of the house or commercial property. Every design is unique, and all our estimates are provided free with no-obligation. You will not be shocked by the price, but you do get what you pay for.
Do you accept credit cards, cash or check?
Yes, we accept all of the above including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Payment is made up-front before installation.
I have my own lights, can you install them for me?
Not normally, but we do make exceptions from time to time. However, we cannot make any guarantees about lights or hardware that we have not provided. We use and install our own sourced commercial lights of the highest quality for safety reasons and the uniqueness of our designs. If you have a special request you wish to incorporate in your design plan, please let us know.
Do I own the lights you install?
Although we sometimes make exceptions and install lights customers have purchased in previous years, the advantage of hiring Wash Our Windows Wisconsin for our ALL INCLUSIVE holiday decorating, is we supply the lights which means you are protected by our “Perfect Until The Day Before Christmas Eve Guarantee”. We inventory and can repair any lights we supply. Unfortunately with store bought lights they are normally lower quality, and do not have modular parts that can be removed and repaired. We cannot warranty or offer our workmanship guarantee on anything that we do not supply.
Can I store the lights?
No, Wash Our Windows Wisconsin maintains and safely stores all materials offsite to ensure materials are always in pristine condition.
When does your install season begin?
We install lights year around for any holiday or event. We begin installing lights as early as September 1 for the Christmas season, but we won’t power them up until you say so. We will return to plug them in if needed. We get extra super busy for the Christmas season, so please plan ahead. We install right up until a couple days before Christmas!
How long do I have to wait to get my estimate and lights installed?
It all depends on how busy we are. Christmas comes quick. The earlier in the season you call, the faster we can usually get you an estimate and schedule the install. In most cases, it is within 24 hours to get you an estimate.
How long does it take to actually install the holiday lights?
Actual install duration depends on how many lights and decorations you want installed.
When do you take the holiday lights down?
We begin taking down Christmas lights the during the month of January if customers are ready and weather allows. Some years we have to wait a bit longer because of the amount of snow and ice on roofs and gutters.
Remember… First Impressions Do Matter!
You Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed for 14 Days!
None of our competitors offer a guarantee this strong. If you find any marks on the glass caused by the rain, we will come back. Simple as that.
Your windows are guaranteed to look great in any kind of weather. Whether it’s 90 degrees and sunny or it rains during or after your window cleaning service is completed, you can rest assured that your windows will look great! If for any reason you are not pleased, let us know and we will make it right. Please contact us within 14 days of your window cleaning service if your windows get dirty because of the rain, so that we can promptly address your concern. We feel as comfortable with this as we do with any other guarantee. Why? We’ve never once been called back because rain ruined our work! Every time we’ve followed up with customers they were amazed how clean their windows stayed, even after it rained!
Call Us Today For A Free Quote
Have a business that needs cleaner windows? Call us about our low to mid-rise commercial, window cleaning services.
At Wash Our Windows Wisconsin, we’re happy to customize our services to fit any schedule or budget.
No window cleaning job is too big or too small, so please give us a call! You’ll be glad you did.